Why Web Designers Love Elementor?
What is Elementor ?
Elementor is a WordPress plugin that enables the building of websites through a drag-and-drop process. Elementor comes in two forms. There is the basic plugin called Elementor and the professional one called Elementor Pro.
Why Most Businesses and Individuals use Elementor ?
It has become a trend of late that after a website has been built by a web designer, a tutorial is given by to either the person who will be in charge of making minor changes to the website or to a team of people.
This is done because elementor is very easy to use, once everything has been set up and doesn’t always require the web designer to make the changes as these can actually be made by the website owner or some people a company has tasked with updating content to a website in a business or organisation.
Elementor has got a video editor, so once everything has been set up, those that are not tech savvy can easily widgets(Buttons, Headings, Text, Dividers, Spacers, Galleries etc) to create content.
Elementor Pricing Plan
- Essential Plan. If you only want to use it for 1 Website it will cost the US $49 a year. The benefits you will receive will include 1. Premium Support, Theme Builder, 100+ Basic & Pro Widgets, Over 300 Templates and 60+ Pro Website Kits.
- Expert Plan. This is ideal for web designers or if you have more than 3 websites as it allows you to use it across 25 websites. The plan is pegged at US $199 a year. It has everything the Essential has plus: 20 expert website kits, An Expert Network profile.
- Studio Plan. This is perfect for Boutique Agencies or web design companies starting out, this plan goes for US $499 a year. It contains everything the Expert has and it enables you VIP Support. He beauty about this plan is that you can use elementor pro across 100 websites.
- Agency Plan. Just like the name, the agency plan is for website agencies, it’s meant for web design businesses that build 1000 websites and under.
You can get this plan for Us for $999. It also comes with the same incentives the studio plan comes with.
Below is a price table from elementor. Please note that this was taken in February 2022 so prices might change but check their official website for updated prices.
22 Similarities Between Elementor and Elementor Pro
Below are the things that you get with the free plan, and after that is a list of essential widgets things that the elementor pro plugin comes with.
Please note that for you to use the pro plugin, you first must have the free elementor plugin already downloaded and activated.
1.The both come with a text editor, for those familiar with WordPress classic WordPress editor, you will recall that it used to come with an editor that would enable you to enter WordPress shortcodes(HTML) rich text, and images.
2. Videos can be embedded on both, you can use the video widget to easily embed video. on your website.
3. Both have a template library, you can use this library to grab certain sections or pages that you would love to incorporate into your website. You get 30+ free templates.
4. You can export and import templates. Usually, this is a pro tip and is used by web designers that have built multiple sites using elementor. To save time, you can easily export a section, popup menu etc that you have previously built from one website to another.
5. You can edit your mobile site. Elementor Pro and the Free version allow you to edit your websites for mobile, tablet and computers.
6. Both have a shape divider. This is mainly used for styling purposes. With this, you can form graphical shapes that separate sections.
7. You can drag and drop Icons. The icons come in three different views, namely, default, stacked and framed.
8. Icon Lists, you can use an icon list from font Awesome 5s vast collection.
9. Installation of image carousel. Allows for the addition of dynamic galleries to pages. These include a gallery image carousel or a three-column carousel.
10. Allow the installation of an image gallery. Engage would be page victors with a beautiful image gallery widget.
11. You can create tabs, this widget allows the division of content into tabs, which can be done vertically or horizontally.
12. Progress Bars, allows you to style and add animate your progress bar.
13. Heading widget, this widget allows you to put a heading. Headings are between H1 – H6 it also allows you to style it, in terms of size, weight, colour, font, etc.
H1 is the most important and h6 least important in SEO terms.
14. Entrance Animation, this feature lets you animate your sections, columns and widgets. When people visit your site or scroll down a page, the elements appear with an entrance animation.
15. You can put Social Icons on your website, these icons help direct people to your social page once they click on them as they have a hyperlink that’s linked to your page.
16. Can use an accordion, It’s used to display text in a collapsed, condensed manner. This makes the text more readable and not overwhelming. It’s also SEO best practice not to have too many lines of text on a webpage.
17. Allow for the embedding of the shortcode. A shortcode widget is a small snippet of code that allows you to embed add files and objects into your pages and posts easily. These can range from simple contact forms to complex booking systems.
18. In both you can hover on elements, this feature lets you animate an element. It can either grow, sink, pulse, bounce, rotate, skew, shrink and Wobble.
19. Enables the embedding of Google Maps. You can easily display your location by putting g your address in your Google Map widget.
20. Revision History. Keeps a history of the changes made prior.
21. Button adding, help with the easy design and customization of buttons. Buttons are essential for making your visitors make a decision.
22. Image Box, this widget allows you to add an image box, that comes with an image, headline and text.
20 Differences Between Elementor and Elementor Pro
- Forms, With the Pro version, you can easily make contact forms, newsletter subscriptions, customer feedback, event registration, job applications, user surveys or Booking Forms using a widget and without the use of a plugin.
- Post Widget, display a list of any post type, such as custom posts in various layouts. You can display posts from a particular post category or taxonomy.
- Custom CSS, This allows you to alter different parts of a website by calling it using the selector. You can change the colour, size, how the text appears, and so on.
- Global Widget, a global widget allows you to save a specific widget and use it in multiple places of the website. Once you make changes to it, the changes will appear across the website unless you unlink it then these changes won’t take effect sitewide.
- Portfolio Widget, allows you to add any custom post type, pages and posts in an attractive filterable grid.
- Slides: this allows you to display multiple photos that slide one after the other. These photos can either be full width, full screen and mobile responsive.
- Flip Box; this widget creates animated boxes that flip once the visitor hovers on them.
- WooCommerce Products, this widget is used to build the single and Archive products template for your shop.
- Nav Menu, this widget allows you to create multiple menu designs that suit your needs. You can either have Horizontal, Vertical & Dropdown menus.
- Media Carousel, allows you to beautifully, showcase your carousels and sliders.
11. Templates, you have access to 300+ Pro Templates.
12. Custom Fonts, elementor has got a variety of free fonts, mainly compromising of Google Fonts, but it also allows you to add yourself hosted & Typkit fonts, and these can be used on your website.
13. Header and Footer Builder, in your theme builder, there is an option to create your header and footer. Once you create these and set the settings, these can either appear on all your pages or specific singular pages.
14. Call to action widget, this is a beautiful call to action widget that combines image and content and buttons thus creating beautiful boxes that are interactive.
15. Testimonial Carousel, a lot of your clients have good things to say about you, your services or products, and some might have said these through reviews or through emails. Why not put the things they said on your website in a visually appealing way. This widget allows you to do that.
16. Animated Headline, direct your website visitors to the most important part of your headline by highlighting it or through animated shapes.
17. Login Widget, helps you create a custom login page that meets your needs and the users.
18. Ken Burns Effect, this widget allows for the automatic zooming of still images when a particular section of a page is visited, usually the hero section.
19. Blockquote, this widget allows your readers to click to tweet and share the best lines from your blog to Twitter.
20. Price List, this allows you to create a list, customize each item on the list. It comes with a price, heading, description, image and link.
Web Designer Love Elementor Pro Because ?
Web Designers love the elementor pro plugin when it comes to building websites. This is because it helps them make websites easily and fast.
Most web designers will begin making their websites with a blank canvas theme like Hello Elemntor. As you specialise in building websites with elementor pro, you begin discovering that it is easier to use a blank canvas when building a website, than a template.
How easy it will be for you to build your website, will depend on your elementor skill level.
It will save you time as you won’t be wasting time deleting unwanted templates and sections.
This blank canvas will help with the designing of websites that are fully customizable and meet your client’s needs..
The fact that elementor comes with numerous widgets enables the making of complex websites that meet the clients’ needs with ease. Though elementor is drag and drop, for the most part, the option to use the CSS makes it a game-changer.